Community involvement and service has always been important to Indresano Studio, and we have been proud to work with Medicine Wheel. Founded by Michael Dowling, Medicine Wheel is currently celebrating it’s 25th year of working to move beyond diversity to inclusion and build our community from the inside out, using art as the threshold.
The organization has:
- Raised awareness of World AIDS day for 25 years and been a place to reflect and remember
- Worked together with congregations to help them re-sanctify their spaces and continued to work with them to maintain them for 25 years.
- Built communities for through the arts and created Youth Programs which has served over 6,000 people over 20 years.
- Ran the Hope and Recovery Program for 15 years, helping 2,500 youth.
- Worked for 15 years with the Art and Peace Building.
- Created the “Dance the Dream”, a collection of 5,000 hand prints along Columbia Road to promote the goals of art as a threshold
- Built a 5 year partnership with HPHC, using art to honor the legacy of Dr. King
- Teamed up with Beacon Communities and Boston Public Housing to create more affordable spaces for residents
- Rehabilitated No Man’s Land and turned it from a run down strip of land to an outdoor sanctuary, filled with events for all ages of the community.
- so much more!
Come and support these causes and others by becoming a spoke in their Wheel at the Annual Medicine Wheel Gala.
To buy tickets or learn more: mwponline.org/wordpress/mwp-events/become-a-spoke-in-our-wheel/
Annual Medicine Wheel Gala
Wednesday June 15th, 2016
6:00pm-9:00pm at the Rooftop of the Taj